Thornton Trophy Rules
- All players in the YRGA competitions must be a Rabbit Golfer as defined in the YRGA Constitution and Rules.
- The lower handicap category shall be defined as a WHS Handicap Index between 15.0 and 21.0
- The higher handicap category shall be defined as a WHS Handicap Index between 21.1 and 54
- It is the responsibility of all players to produce evidence of their WHS handicap index.
- Electronic displays (the YRGA will not provide or facilitate for this) are acceptable at the players risk
- The use of Artificial Aids (Distance Finders) is allowed under the Rules of Golf 4.3a(1) unless there is a local rule in place forbidding such use. This must be confirmed before playing
- Competitions will be played according to the Rules of Golf as amended by the local rules applicable to the course where the competition is being played
- The use of ride on buggies is permitted under the Rules of Golf provided that the person(s) using them produce a signed doctor’s certificate confirming the need of such a buggy.
1. Each member Rabbit Section may enter one team of two players, at least one of whom shall be in the higher handicap category.
2. The competition shall be singles stableford over 18 holes and the team with the highest stableford score will be declared the winners of the Thornton Trophy. They will receive prizes in addition. The runners up will also receive prizes
3. There will also be individual trophies and prizes as follows:
Norman Watson Cup – Best Stableford Score
Fred Brown Salver – Runner-up Stableford Score
The Norman Watson Cup will take precedence over the Fred Brown Salver
Prize for Best Stableford score in the lower handicap category (other than above)
Prize for Best Stableford score in the higher handicap category (other than above)
No player may receive more than one individual prize
4 In the event of a tie the Executive will make awards on the result of:
– the last 9 holes
– the last 6 holes
– the last 3 holes
and so on down to the final hole if necessary.
5 Players must submit a current official WHS handicap index by 18:00 on the day of the competition.
6 Players must report to the YRGA officials at least 30 minutes before their start time. Failure to do so will result in their being disqualified from the competition