Plowright Trophy Rules
- All players in the YRGA competitions must be a Rabbit Golfer as defined in the YRGA Constitution and Rules.
- All players must provide proof of their Handicap Index on the day of the competition
Electronic displays (the YRGA will not provide or facilitate for this) are acceptable at the players’ risk
- The use of Artificial Aids (Distance Finders) is allowed under the Rules of Golf 4.3a(1) unless there is a local rule in place forbidding such use. This must be confirmed before playing
- Competitions will be played according to the Rules of Golf as amended by the local rules applicable to the course where the competition is being played
- The use of ride on buggies is permitted under the Rules of Golf provided that the person(s) using them produce a signed doctor’s certificate confirming the need of such a buggy.
- The Plowright Trophy is a team Stableford competition between all Areas within the Association played at the YRGA Vice-President’s home club. The teams are selected by the Presidents of each Area who should ensure the following:
(a) that his team is comprised of:
– 4 players in Handicap Index division 15 – 19.4
– 4 players in Handicap Index division 19.5 – 54
(b) that every player’s Handicap Index is current and that they have the correct proof on the day of the competition
- Play will be individual Stableford over 18 holes played off the Yellow tees with full Course Handicap allowance.
The three best cards in each Handicap Index division submitted by each team will count and the team with the highest Stableford total will be declared the winners.
In the event of a tie, the winners will be decided by a countback of the back 9, back 6, back 3 and so on down to the final hole if necessary of the combined six scoring cards of each team.
- If at short notice an Area is unable to field a full team as shown above then that Area may still take part in the competition. That Area’s total score will be determined by adding the scores of a maximum of 3 players from each Handicap Index division. Players can play only in the division determined by their Handicap Index. In the event that an Area has five players in either division then the four players whose scores are to count must be nominated prior to play commencing.