Fowler Trophy Rules
- All players in the YRGA competitions must be a Rabbit Golfer as defined in the YRGA Constitution and Rules.
- The lower handicap category shall be defined as a WHS Handicap Index between 15.0 and 21.0
- The higher handicap category shall be defined as a WHS Handicap Index between 21.1 and 54
- It is the responsibility of all players to produce evidence of their WHS handicap index.
- Electronic displays (the YRGA will not provide or facilitate for this) are acceptable at the players risk
- The use of Artificial Aids (Distance Finders) is allowed under the Rules of Golf 4.3a(1) unless there is a local rule in place forbidding such use. This must be confirmed before playing
- Competitions will be played according to the Rules of Golf as amended by the local rules applicable to the course where the competition is being played
- The use of ride on buggies is permitted under the Rules of Golf provided that the person(s) using them produce a signed doctor’s certificate confirming the need of such a buggy.
1. This is a CLUB knockout foursomes tournament played off scratch over 18 holes with the final being played over 18 holes. The matches will be played from the gentlemen’s forward tees unless the home club committee has a local ruling that states that some other tees must be used.
2. Each member Rabbit Section may enter two teams, one of which will play in Section A and the other in Section B. Each team shall comprise two players at least one of whom shall be in the higher handicap category. Each players handicap index shall be checked prior to the match teeing off.
3. The Grand Final shall be played between the winners of Section A and Section B.
4. A draw shall be made and a copy shall be forwarded to every member Rabbit Section having an interest. Matches in the preliminary round will be played on the course of the club drawn first and thereafter in accordance with the markings on the draw sheet which shall have been prepared before making the draw
5. In the event of a tie in any match the players will continue until one team gains the advantage of one hole
6. A team may be changed to suit circumstances of player’s availability or handicap changes. Any player however may only play in either Section A or Section B but not in both.
7. It is the responsibility of the member sections to arrange their matches by the specified dates except in case of Section Semi-Finals, Section Finals and the Grand Final. These matches shall be played on neutral courses on dates to be arranged by the Honorary Fowler Secretary
8. The result of each match must be passed to the Honorary Fowler Secretary by the winning team by the Tuesday morning following the closing date given on the draw sheet for that round. Failure to do so will result in that team being disqualified.
9. The member Rabbit Section represented by the winning team will be awarded the Fowler Trophy which they will retain for a year. In addition, each member Rabbit Section represented by the overall winners and runners up and runners up of each section will receive a trophy for their permanent retention.
The referee for the section finals and the overall final will require proof of current official handicap index and his decision is final
10. Any disputes should be referred to the Honorary Fowler Secretary in writing for consideration and his decision is final.